The Twelve Scrolls Of Hantei
Daidoji Iron Crane
1. WHAT CLAN DOES YOUR CHARACTER BELONG TO?
I am a Crane.
2. HOW WOULD OTHERS DESCRIBE YOUR CHARACTER’S APPEARANCE?
3. I am a Samurai.
4. WHAT FAMILY DOES YOUR CHARACTER BELONG TO?
5. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S MAIN MOTIVATION?
Defend the clan.
6. WHO IS THE PERSON YOUR CHARACTER TRUSTS MOST?
7. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S GREATEST STRENGTH? GREATEST WEAKNESS?
His greatest strength is his commitment to his clan. His greatest weakness is his tendency towards loose lips.
8. WHAT DOES YOUR CHARACTER THINK OF BUSHIDO?
It is the most honorable path in life.
9. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S OPINION OF HIS OWN CLAN?
They are the epitome of excellence and the soul of the Empire.
10. IS YOUR CHARACTER MARRIED?
11. DOES YOUR CHARACTER HAVE ANY PREJUDICES?
Does not trust Scorpions.
12. TO WHOM DOES YOUR CHARACTER OWE THE MOST LOYALTY?
14. DOES YOUR CHARACTER HAVE ANY RECURRING MANNERISMS?
He tends to sound pompous.
16. HOW WOULD YOUR CHARACTER HANDLE A SUBORDINATE’S IMPROPER BEHAVIOR?
17. HOW WOULD YOUR CHARACTER’S PARENTS DESCRIBE HIM?
His mother would call him a good boy. His father is currently dead.
20. IF YOU COULD, WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE YOUR CHARACTER?
Do what you must to defend the clan. Remember, Daidoji means defender of Doji.
24. WHAT DOES YOUR CHARACTER DO TO RELAX?
Reads history, drinks.
25. IF YOUR CHARACTER WERE GIVEN A KOKU, HOW WOULD HE SPEND IT?
He’d probably just think to himself, “That’s it?”
26. DOES YOUR CHARACTER HAVE A STEREOTYPICAL VIEW OF THE LOWER CLASSES?
They should know their place in society, but should be treated with respect.
29. WHAT DO YOUR CHARACTER’S KATANA AND SAYA LOOK LIKE?
A powder blue handle, with a feather patter engraved on the blade.
31. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S MOST SACRED POSSESSION?
His grandfather’s sword.
32. WHO IS YOUR CHARACTER’S CLOSEST FRIEND?
33. WHAT DOES YOUR CHARACTER LOVE, FEAR, AND HATE?
He loves the Crane, the excellence for which the Crane stand, and fine drink.
He fears the thought of letting his clan down.
He hates the Scorpion.
34. HOW DOES YOUR CHARACTER FEEL ABOUT EACH OF THE GREAT CLANS?
The Phoenix and Unicorn are honorable friends.
The Lion are worthy opponents.
The Crab are dumb brutes.
The Scorpion are not to be trusted.
The Dragon are strange.
35. HOW DOES YOUR CHARACTER FEEL ABOUT DIFFERENT PROFESSIONS IN THE CELESTIAL ORDER?
All men have their place in the celestial order. There is no shame in doing one’s duty.
36. WHO IS YOUR CHARACTER’S IDEAL MATE?
A woman willing to do what she must in the pursuit of honor.
37. HOW DOES YOUR CHARACTER REACT TO MINOR IMPURITIES OR IRREVERENCE IN OTHERS?
With a slight condescending chuckle.
38. HAS YOUR CHARACTER EVER BEEN EXPOSED TO MAHO OR OTHER MAJOR BLASPHEMIES?
He grew up during the Crane’s recovery from the ravages of the False Hoturi.
39. WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO YOUR CHARACTER?
Watch what you say.
40. WHO WOULD BE YOUR CHARACTER’S ULTIMATE ENEMY?
Anyone that threatens the Crane, but mostly Scorpion that do so.
Daidoji Wiriamu is the son of Daidoji Wirazaku and the grandson of Daidoji Ziwakushi. His father died in the Clan Wars. His grandfather is approaching retirement and contemplating writing a history and joining the Brotherhood of Shinsei.
Aside from a great-great-great-great-grandfather from the Shiba family and a great-great-grandmother from the Suzume family, his ancestry has been of Daidoji lineage. His aunt married a Kakita.
He has been known to use an ono from time to time because it is an unusual weapon for a Crane to wield and he thought that allowed him an opportunity to distinguish himself.
Wiriamu is intrigued by other cultures. While he would never dream of dishonoring his clan by adopting foreign practices, he knows that all creatures have their place in the celestial order and curious about what those roles may be. His recent encounter with the Naga Kana has only increased his curiosity in those creatures.
He is a paragon of duty, but is a bit of a gossip.